- University of Costa Rica, Faculty of Law; Law Degree, 1990.
- Costa Rican Bar Association (CACR)
- Notary Public
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Intellectual Property Law Sections
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- Instituto Costarricense de Derecho Notarial (ICODEN)
- Costa Rican Association of Intellectual Property Professionals (APPICR).
- Costa Rican Chamber of Information and Communication Technologies (CAMTIC)
- Spanish and English
Mr. Luis Pal is a Notary Public and a partner attorney in Castro & Pal Abogados, practicing in the areas of Commercial Law, Corporate Law and Litigation.
He practices actively in the firm's Intellectual Property area and currently, serves as the managing partner of the Trade Mark Section of the firm’s Intellectual Property Department.
With more than 15 years of experience on IP matters, he provides continuous counseling to clients nationally and abroad, focusing on Trade Secrets, Trade Mark prosecution and Patent litigation.
Mr. Pal serves as legal counsel for the Costa Rican Chamber of Industries, CICR, (1996 --..).
As a reputable lawyer and Notary Public he has been appointed for two different terms by the Ministry of Justice and Grace of Costa Rica as a member of the Board of Directors of the Costa Rican National Public Registry (1998-2001; 2006 --..) serving on many committees within this governmental institution, such as the Intellectual Property Committee .
Mr. Pal has also represented Costa Rica before the Assembly of the Member States of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and was invited to participate in the First Forum on Creativity and Inventions held in Finland. (2000).
As a patent attorney, Mr. Pal brought to a success the first patent annulment in Costa Rica’s history, declared by the Supreme Court of Justice. (Vote No. F-00803-2006)